Saturday, March 1, 2014

A New Look for the Old Bear

Why has the Bear changed the way he looks?

The original design was very stark, with dark blue against white. I think this is a little easier on the eyes. This is just more attractive, I think, with the antiqued background for the title, and the less-plain title font. I also want to highlight the Bear's original agitprop. You might see something you get a kick out of. If so, feel free to download it an use it any way you want, but please don't change it (e.g. remove attribution).

I know, people don't like change. The first reaction is to yell, "My eyes are bleeding!" But coming back from my hiatus is as good a time as any to spruce up the cave.

And for all you know, I did this after a fifth of Jack Daniels. So let's give it a chance. I have an idea for one or two other very minor enhancements, but that will require chasing down my art department.

And the phrase "rum, Romanism and rebellion" has an interesting place in American history: three words that cost a presidential election. But that, my cubs, is a story for another time.

1 comment:

Your comment will likely be posted after the Bear snuffles it. Please, no anonymous posts.

Featured Post

Judging Angels Chapter 1 Read by Author

Quick commercial for free, no-strings-attached gift of a professionally produced audio book of Judging Angels, Chapter 1: Last Things, read...