Pewsitter has been running the Bear's articles on a fairly regular basis. (Bear shout-out to whoever is clipping his blog for them!) It stands to reason that St. Corbinian's Bear will eventually become a Catholic celebrity like Mark Shea or The Black Sheep Dog. Of course, even an apparently immortal Bear (1300 years and going strong!) needs to think about retirement. So the Bear was fantasizing today about his marketing possibilities.
- The Story of St. Corbinian's Bear Coloring Book (box of crayons included -- with two reds)
- SCB barbecue sauce ("Makes Horse Meat Good so Imagine What It Will Do for Your Ribs!")
- St. Corbinian's Bear's Meals on the Run: Not-as-Fast-as-a-Bear Food Recipes for Busy Days (a companion cookbook to the above)
- St. Corbinian's Bear's Very Tiny Book of Ecumenical Fun
- A Field Guide to Heretics, by St. Corbinian's Bear (with very short "HOW TO ARGUE LIKE A BEAR" video)
- All Dogs Go To Heaven, Unless They're Catholic: St. Corbinian's Bear's Guide to Lumen Gentium (based on the semi-popular, now-suppressed blog entry of the same title that some may recall)
- St. Corbinian's Bear's Teddy Bear (complete with backpack and a little horse that attaches to his mouth with velcro)
- Prophet Elisha, 42 Very Bad Children, and Two Bears play set (this could be big; maybe Lego would want to buy a license)
- The Twelve Bears of the Bible (a serious, Scott Hahn type book about the meaning of the twelve mentions of bears in the Bible. Twelve Bears, Twelve Apostles... see where we're going? The Bear didn't think so. That's why you need this book!)
- Bavarian Bible Bear Cheat Sheets ("just in case")
- "Do the Red" coffee mugs and tee shirts
Those are just a few ideas. Feel free to add any suggestions of your own.