60,000 page views and 1000 comments.
Not much by the standards of most blogs, but we're still relatively new. The Bear is happy his readership continues to grow. Some of that growth is directly attributable to readers and fellow bloggers sharing the Bear. So thank you. The comments at SCB are exceptionally well-thought-out and well-written, too, so thank you for that, too!
The most popular posts include:
- Saint's Hymn You Will Never Sing: "Every Heretic I Detest..." (a favorite)
- The Oracle of Santa Marta (another favorite)
- The Bride of Christ Thrown Into the Arms of Mohammed
- the dryly ironic Pope Francis Blasts Church Liberals
- Pope Reminds Jews They Crucified Christ (a mega-hit)
Admittedly, the more outrageous the title, the more popular the post, plus readers seem to have an insatiable appetite for articles about Pope Francis. The Bear doesn't want to turn this into the Father Mario Show, but, let's face it, Pope Francis is making history. How?
|The Holy Polyhedron of|
Who knows what our Pope believes? Sadly, we have learned, and are still learning, what he doesn't. So the Bear will continue his twin missions of chronicling the danger Pope Francis poses to the Church, and exhorting his readers to practice the virtue of Holy Stubbornness.
No matter what happens, the Church remains the Church, and we must remain in the Church. The Bear knows you are all tired of hearing this, but nail your foot to the floor in front of your favorite pew and die there. You could receive worse advice in these troubled times.
The Bear's favorite posts are not necessarily his most popular ones:
- What Catholics Can Learn From Cthulhu recapturing the fear of the Lord
- YOU Can Pray the Liturgy of the Hours yes you can, and maybe you should
- Bubble Catholics the post that gave a name to the rest of us
- The Heresy of Americanism a star-spangled heresy of our own
- Mirari Vos vs. Evangelii Gaudium: the Battle of the Infallibles Francis vs. Gregory XVI
- The Catholic's Guide to Suicide title pretty much says it all
- The Further Adventures of St. Corbinian's Bear the untold story
- "He's My Pope" a wry look at the Franciscan Church Portlandia style
- The Bear Makes a Mess the Bear completes the priest's thought during homily -- loudly
- Cats of Chrysolite the wonder of existence and an answer to atheism
- Why Popes are Unmarried what if some guy named Jorge Bergoglio (no relation) was married?
- Breakfast With Penguins a parable of a diverted flight
- There's a Name for the Things That Upset You short and sweet on Modernism
- Jimmy Carter and the Bat Christians how the Pope isolates and discredits faithful Catholics