Saturday, October 11, 2014

We Lost a Good Catholic Blogger

The Bear is saddened to report the passing into eternity of Richard Collins, living in Wales, whose traditionalist blog Linen on the Hedgerow set the standard for literacy and wit. He received the grace of the sacraments in his last hour.

Richard had been struggling against cancer for some time. He had been unable to do much blogging recently, but he leaves behind a rich collection of articles at his blog. The Bear encourages his readers to drop by, read a few, say a prayer, and leave a message.

He will be missed.

The masthead to his blog said:
More than ever I feel the need of having Thee close to me. “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong. Corinthians 12:7-10
 Requiescat in Pace.

3 comments:

  1. RIP.

    I dunno, though...I mean, if he's not covering Aussie sex lives, well....he can't be that good, can he?

    Seriously, thanks for the information. I am very sorry to hear of this man's passing. I will explore his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose all serious bloggers ought to prepare a "final blog" and leave instructions to a trusted family member on how to wrap things up in a dignified manner. Richard had that way of writing that only comes from the British Isles. Classy. Not Bearish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for introducing me to him. May perpetual light shine upon him.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will likely be posted after the Bear snuffles it. Please, no anonymous posts.

Featured Post

You Knew it was Coming (Sponsored by "Venom")

Sponsored by Venom: a New Scent by Francis Venom: "Smell like the sheep..." There comes a moment in the life of every televi...