|Mandatory "Rainbow Effect" for Facebook Profile Pictures|
Slacktivism Has Never Been Easier
The Bear hates Facebook.
If he could travel back in time to listen to King David play sweet psalms, he would instead pull up short and tear Mark Zuckerburg's lower jaw off before he could invent it. If the Bear did not have children to embarrass, he wouldn't be on it at all.
Okay, there are some other friends the Bear doesn't mind keeping in contact with, But every once in awhile the Social Justice Warrior hive mind issues a command to the drones and the whole stupid place is drenched in rainbows. The Democratic Underground and other left-wing groups pump out hundreds, if not thousands of professionally designed pictograms to carpet bomb your feed with homo marriage agitprop.
There's no point in playing their game. You're just going to waste your time with cat ladies. If they know you at all, they already know what you think of homo marriage. They don't care. They can't help themselves.
Some thoughts. You can:
- bail out of FB (the nuclear option)
- unfriend offenders (not bad, but they'll figure it out, if that matters)
- unfollow offenders (if you don't want to offend anyone, this lets them think you're still friends, but you don't have to see their crap; sort of pathetic, isn't it?)
- keep viewing the agitprop but make up songs whose only word is "loser" and sing them loudly (probably best if you live alone)
- find your own pro-marriage agitprop on Google (BWAH HA HA! Wait. You took that seriously. Oh, man, sorry.)
The funny thing is that homosexuals are not the ones generating all this stuff. It's annoying people who are polishing their tolerance credentials.
The Bear's son hopes this will be their last hurrah. The Bear is not so sure. There will always be some homowagon to jump on. Twenty years from now, we'll be seeing BAN HETEROSEXUAL MARRIAGE on our Google Glass Facebook app along with the global cooling warnings.