Tuesday, June 16, 2015

O Brave New World That Has Such Imaginary People In It!

These are exciting times we live in. You can be a pretend black person (Rachel "Black Like Me" Dolezal), a pretend woman (Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner), a pretend Indian (Elizabeth "Dances With Imaginary Wolves" Warren) and even get pretend married. While some of you may look askance at this eruption of imagination, the Bear ("I Wanna Be Like You")  could not be more excited.

As you know, the author of this blog is a Bear. Not a pretend Bear, but a Real Live Bear. But if there's one thing better than a Bear, it's a Man. Some readers will know that it has been the Bear's 1300-year quest to become a Man. Sometimes he gets close, but most of the time he's just a Bear. (Some of you may identify.)

But now, all that matters is how you feel inside. It's like biology by Disney.

You have probably guessed where this is going. The Bear is going to become a man. Because if we close our eyes and pretend real hard, it will be so.

Oh, and sometimes I feel like I'm the Pope, too.

O brave new world that has such imaginary people in it!

You!
I wanna be like you
I wanna talk like you
Walk like you, too
You'll see it's true 
Someone like me
Can learn to be
Like someone like me
Can learn to be
Like someone like you
Can learn to be
Like someone like me

-- "I Wanna Be Like You" from Disney's Jungle Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will likely be posted after the Bear snuffles it. Please, no anonymous posts.

Featured Post

You Knew it was Coming (Sponsored by "Venom")

Sponsored by Venom: a New Scent by Francis Venom: "Smell like the sheep..." There comes a moment in the life of every televi...