Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Catholic Supply

The Bear is pleased to affiliate with a company that his readers ought to find useful. (Besides Amazon, of course.) If you ever find yourself in St. Louis, you can kill two birds with one stone on Chippewa. On one side of the street is Ted Drew's frozen custard, where you can enjoy your favorite confection. (The Bear likes the chocolate malt, although it does get his paws and muzzle all sticky, so he goes there after he does his shopping.)

On the other is St. Louis Catholic Supply, 6759 Chippewa. It's a big store that has everything from large church statuary and supplies to holy cards, and everything in between. The helpful staff are girls in Catholic school uniforms! Now that's a Catholic store! They have a good selection of books including classics. They have the usual assortment of rosaries and medals, plus some unusual items. (The Bear's mate once bought him a beautiful silver ring with the whole Ave in tiny bas relief.)

One thing that sets Catholic Supply apart is the huge selection of gifts for first communion and the like.

If you're going to do some Catholic shopping anyway, you can do the Bear a kindness by clicking on the banner. Catholic Supply is a St. Louis institution.

8 comments:

  1. I concur. We bought first communion gifts there. Even bought first communion themed party paper supplies. Enough left for next year's first communion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clicking on the banner doesn't work for me...anyone else having problems with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have elevated your issue to premier technical support.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... I clicked once and it worked. (Sorry Catholic Supply.) I can't image why the code should work for me and be a dead link for you. Do you get a "pointer finger?" Or is it just a dead image?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I click on it and it just thinks and think and thinks....it never goes to the site.

      Delete
  4. I dunno, Susan. There is no reason on this end it shouldn't work -- it's just a link. Anything on your end like rejecting cookies, or virtually eliminating them? I think most of these programs require people to allow cookies so they'll know whatever it is they need to know. Do other links work? Click madly on all banners to see if they work LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok this is funny....I just clicked on it again and it was thinking; then I clicked on the amazon banner and it took me to Catholic Supply! Well, at least I know I can get there. :)

      Delete
    2. What I suspect is that their page is taking a long time to load over your connection. It is pretty fancy with animations. The vendor and I have checked everything and it works. Now, how clicking on the Amazon banner... I dunno, unless Catholic Supply was already in the process of loading and your browser just finished the job. Anyway, glad it all worked out, and I hope you enjoyed your visit.

      Delete

Your comment will likely be posted after the Bear snuffles it. Please, no anonymous posts.

Featured Post

You Knew it was Coming (Sponsored by "Venom")

Sponsored by Venom: a New Scent by Francis Venom: "Smell like the sheep..." There comes a moment in the life of every televi...