Monday, January 4, 2016

Donald Trump TV Ad

[UPDATE: Sorry, YouTube terminated the account of the original post. Should be okay now.]

Here is Donald Trump's first TV ad.

The man is simply correctly and gutsily identifying one of the problems this country faces: we seem helpless to control our borders, and we're learning to live with Islamic terrorism. Although most of the GOP candidates' lips seem to be able to form the words "Islamic terrorism," give credit to Trump for making them do it.

It's an ad, so we can't expect razor sharp details. The visuals suggest the U.S. Navy is going to decapitate ISIS, but the Bear doesn't see how we can "take their oil" without boots on the ground in another blood opera of miscalculation in the Islamosphere. The Navy is good, but it's not meant to replace fighter-bombers with precision munitions. (That's why we have great big ships to carry the airplanes.) But then, all of a sudden, we've got U.S., Syrian, Turkish and Russian aircraft armed to the teeth flying to the edge of some no-fly zone.

Come on, even a Bear with a 450 gram brain can see that's crazy. Just take out the tanker trucks as they head to Turkey. We don't need ISIS oil, we just need to deny ISIS its profits. Maybe even work with Russia. The day of us having "our pet Muslims" and the Russians having "their pet Muslims" is long gone. Take the gloves off of our pale, lilac scented hands and back the World's Most Evil Optometrist, Assad, so he can put a lid on the crazies.

As for the Great Wall, the Bear does not know how we're going to get Mexico to pay for it, but no doubt more is forthcoming later.

The Bear is not in Trump's camp, but whether he's sincere or not, he's hitting the right notes. This will be an interesting primary with the maverick candidate from outside of the political establishment actually has a chance to win the primary, and, who knows, the election!


  1. Whoops! Somebody didn't like the ad! Youtube pulled it!

  2. Fascism 2016!

    Much more exciting than the Socialism 2008 edition.

  3. Trump reminds me of the Jack Nicholson character, Col. Jessup in 'A Few Good Men".

    "And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me (to build) that wall, you need that wall."

  4. Per the border wall, some suggest we could tax the remittances, for starters. From Fox News Latino, "Mexicans living in the United States sent $5.7 billion in remittances back home in the first three months of 2015 alone, the highest amount of money sent to the country by expats since 2008, Banco de Mexico reported....

    97 percent of remittances to the country came from the United States, with the other 3 percent coming from Canada, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Spain. The U.S. states where the majority of remittances came from were California, Texas, Illinois, Florida, Georgia and New York.

    Some 11 million Mexicans live in the United States and many of them work in the construction sector. In this economic context, remittances are the main source of foreign exchange in Mexico, after oil and foreign direct investment, and also represent a vital income for millions of people."


Moderation is On.

Featured Post

Judging Angels Chapter 1 Read by Author

Quick commercial for free, no-strings-attached gift of a professionally produced audio book of Judging Angels, Chapter 1: Last Things, read...