Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Update

The Bear has been busy. He will be glad to be able to return to regular blogging.

Editing goes back-and-forth like a tennis match. Bear gets an edited manuscript, marks it up and sends it back, then awaits the return volley. The Bear has just submitted his final edit. In other words, as far as the Bear is concerned, Judging Angels is finished.

Bear will get it back one last time. When he's happy with it (and he should be, by now) that's it. You may fire when ready, Gridley.

Since this is a series, the Bear has been thinking about a name for that. All the ones he wanted were already taken. (Dante Chronicles - taken.) There are "The Red Files," or "The Rubricatae Files." There is also "The Return of the Firstborn," or "The Firstborn Chronicles."

Comments welcome.

More than a few folks volunteered to be readers, but did not get back to the Bear. The Bear wants you to know that's fine. It's a long book, and things are much less rough now than they were then. Not everyone likes urban fantasy. Whatever the reason, the Bear says heavy attrition is expected and  he does not take it personally.

The Bear would hate for old friends to feel they could not post  because of some reason or another.     

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the final version! Congratulations on your efforts so far. I can't imagine how much...we'll, yes I can, I think. It must be sort of like preparing for a very complicated trial and having to submit all your outlines and motions and briefs to someone else before you can use them. A learning experience but very tedious and humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EDITED TO CORRECT TYPO
    Can't wait to see the final version! Congratulations on your efforts so far. I can't imagine how much...well, yes I can, I think. It must be sort of like preparing for a very complicated trial and having to submit all your outlines and motions and briefs to someone else before you can use them. A learning experience but very tedious and humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to hand it to my very patient editor that the process has been pretty painless. I'm always wanting "just one more" go round because that's just me. As I'm trying to go to sleep I'll think of a line of dialogue and say, "That just doesn't sound like Alice." It will never be perfect, but that is a lesson I'm going to have to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also Adapt really helps with my... it's hard to say, but I do feel better, less tense, almost like I don't care but in a good way. (Paid celebrity endorsement.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bear, if you still need readers, feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help. I am a natural editor by nature, even given my gaffes and errors.
    I am at antbee1123@sbcglobal.net Put something in CAPS like BEAR in the subject line, or you are apt to be deleted along with a lot of junk. God bless. Evangeline :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will likely be posted after the Bear snuffles it. Please, no anonymous posts.

Featured Post

The Day the Book Closed

At Et Cum Spiritu Tuo , I read an interview with a professor in the UK who said parents who read to their kids should feel bad for "di...