Thirty-eight percent of American Catholics believe that Pope Francis is in favor of permitting homosexuals to marry.
On other topics, American Catholics believe the same as the nation at large. ("On many important issues of the day, the opinions of Catholics overall do not differ appreciably from the general public.") In other words, the Catholic Church in America is having little impact on shaping its members values. Or, alternatively, the Catholic Church is aligned with the world, and teaching the world's values.
- 72% believe the government should reduce the gap between rich and poor
- 73% believe the government should do something about global warming
- 61% believe the government should provide immigration reform
- 60% believe homosexuals should be allowed to marry
- 65% oppose a religious liberty exemption for small businesses
- 51% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases
That's right, 51% of Catholics are pro-abortion.
The Bear's readers are smart enough to draw their own conclusions.