Wednesday, October 5, 2016

"No" by Pope Francis & Bear ("No" Parody)



No
(Meghan Trainor Parody by the Bear)

Pope Francis:


I think it's so cute / and I think it's so sweet
How you let your blogs encourage you / to understand me,
But let me stop you there /  before you can even Tweet...
"Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"

Your Dogma is "No"
Your Tradition is 
"No"

Your Church  is "No"
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
"Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"

Your matrimony is "No"
Your fossil fuel is "No"
Your borders are "No"
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
"Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"

First you gonna say
The Pope ain't runnin' game,
I'm thinkin' you're believing every word,
At 30,000 feet,

You're lovin' every beat
You even love to see me washing feet.

Bear:

I was in my zone
Before you came along,
Now I'm thinking maybe you should go
Blah, blah, blah,
I be like "Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"

All my Catholics, listen up
If that Pope ain't giving up
Say your Creeds and swing your beads 
Now, all you gotta say is...

Your global warming is "No"
Your interfaith is "No" 
Your encyclicals are "No"
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
"Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"

Your Lutherans are "No"
Your videos are "No"
Your one-world is "No"
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
"Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"

Thank you in advance,
I'm gonna take my chance
That Benedict is still the one,
There's been some mistake

You give me a headache.
You even stole my wedding cake!

I was in my zone,
Before you came along,
Don't want you to take this personal
Blah, blah, blah,
I be like "Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"


All my Catholics, listen up
If that Pope ain't giving up
Say your Creeds and swing your beads
Now, all you gotta say is...


Your global warming is "No"

Your interfaith is "No" 
Your encyclicals are "No"
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
"Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"

Your Lutherans are "No"
Your videos are "No"
Your one-world is "No"
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
"Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"

Pope:

I'm feeling infallible, infallible
I'm feeling infallible, infallible
I'm feeling infallible, infallible
I'm feeling
("Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No")


I'm feeling infallible, infallible

I'm feeling infallible, infallible
I'm feeling infallible, infallible
I'm feeling
("Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No")

Bear:

All my Catholics, listen up
If that Pope ain't giving up
Say your Creeds and swing your beads

Now, all you gotta say is...

My money is "No"
My papolatry is "No"
My feet are "No" (no)
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
"Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"


My money is "No"

My papalotry is "No"
My feet are "No" (no)
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
"Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No"

Pope:

Here am I, so pastoral, so pastoral
My hat is white, I'm infallible, infallible

The only dogma is I'm infallible, infallible
I'm feeling
"So, Nah" to the "Ah" to the "No", "No", "No", "No"

17 comments:

  1. "Ya" to the "Ah" to the "Yes", "Yes", "Yes"!!

    Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. Just what's needed. Hope it gets to PF's ears. It will bring on another apoplectic fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great if we could get Meghan Trainor to sing it.

      Delete
  3. Love this !!! Laughed out loud the whole way thru. Bravo Bear. kevin from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Mock not the power of Ginger, who can cure everything from cramps ti cancer.

      Delete
  5. You are ready for prime time Bear. You get it done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bear likes a lot of new music, like Regina Spektor and The Lumineers. Song parodies are always fun. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. You are SO freakin' brilliant!

    I've been very busy for the past week, but salmon is on the way TODAY! A brilliant bear deserves his wages, and you are just too good to take for free, so I am 'subscribing' for the next year.

    EVERYBODY...throw him salmon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Bear loves applause. And salmon.

      Delete
  7. I'm an idiot, but I don't want to be one. I struggle with my temptations, and I'm glad for that. I know the truth in my heart, but often don't have the courage to follow the Way. We're all in this mess together, and we can't help each other if we aren't honest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr. Mason, one of my history professors, in college said that I demonstrated laudable flexibility. I try to understand the world around us, and I try my best to follow the compass of our faith. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I understand people, and where they are coming from, fairly well.

    Bear, you've taken laudable flexibility to a whole new level. Hilarious use of pop culture to give us a fresh understanding of the Francis. Way to not shut out, but encounter the world around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. Benedict uses the imagery of toolsand their use and care. He makes kind of a big deal of that. We all must use the tools we are given, for one day we shall have to give an account. Even if our tool is one with a very sharp edge. At the end. of the day, I am just a performing Bear whose act is subversive. Please don't tell the management.

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh...LOL. Too much. I mean, NO to the nono, hail no.

    ReplyDelete

Moderation is On.

Featured Post

Judging Angels Chapter 1 Read by Author

Quick commercial for free, no-strings-attached gift of a professionally produced audio book of Judging Angels, Chapter 1: Last Things, read...